POLICY FOR BUYERS OF LEOLA PRODUCE AUCTION, INC
- Buyer shall register at the office of Leola Produce Auction for a buyer’s identification number.
- Registry consists of buyer’s company name, address, telephone number, driver’s license, and name of person(s) responsible for purchase and payment of product.
- Sales tax – Pa State sales tax is collected on all ornamentals – unless a valid Pa State Sales Tax Resale Exemption form is on file. A copy of you sales tax number certificate is helpful. Out of state buyers must file the form as an exempt out of state buyer.
- Buyer’s number is to be used whenever a purchase is made at the Leola Produce Auction. Buyer number is just good for the day (Unless permanent account is set up) – please turn in your number card when you are done buying for the day.
- Items are sold in wholesale lots – you must buy whatever is in the lot except Cart Rows 1 & 2 which have a minimum of 5 boxes and a maximum of 14 boxes in which any lot over 8 will have the option to be sold in half.
- Bulk Area will have a minimum of 15 boxes or more; any lots of 30 or more will have the option of splitting in half.
- Buyer is responsible for the inspection of quality and grading of produce offered for sale and will place their bid accordingly.
- In a situation where the seller has misrepresented the quality of his product by deceptive packaging, the manager of Leola Produce Auction, Inc. shall serve as arbitrator in negotiating settlement. Settlement must be made before produce has been removed from the premises of Leola Produce Auction, Inc.
- Buyer shall remove from premises all product purchased on the day of sale. Leola Produce Auction, Inc. will not be responsible for any product not removed immediately after the sale.
- Buyer shall pay in full for all product purchased on the day of sale, unless credit terms are established from Leola Produce Auction, Inc.
- Buyers shall pay with cash or approved check. Payment shall be made the day of sale as soon as auction is over. Checks dishonored by the bank shall have a fee of $35 per return and a 2% monthly interest charge until paid and buyer privileges revoked.
- Credit shall be accepted only if approved by Leola Produce Auction, Inc. – manager. Credit balances shall be completely paid within 10 days of purchase. If not, there will be a 2% monthly interest charge on the balance from the day of purchase. Buyers privileges will be revoked until account is paid in full. All invoices must be signed after each auction. By registering for a buyer’s number the buyer agrees to the terms set forth above.
NOTATIONS TO BUYERS – ITEMS ARE SOLD BY THE UNIT – EACH, FLAT, BUNCH, DOZEN, BOX, ETC. THE AUCTION PRICE IS THE QUANTITY OF UNITS X PRICE. WE DO NOT SELL BY PRICE PER LOT.